Generator end regulator wiring

Dougy
Inactive member
Bikes: 1958 panhead chopper

Generator end regulator wiring

Post by Dougy »

where does the black with red end and the black wire on my generator end regulator go on my 2 brush generator thank you Doug. :(
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

What make of regulator is it ? I am assuming it is an electronic version. Franks , Cycle Electric , etc. ?
Dougy
Inactive member
Bikes: 1958 panhead chopper

Post by Dougy »

It is a cycle electric genarator but when i got it at a sale the regulator and the genarator were not assembled,the when new it was bought as a complete unit.If have tried to find the cycle electric web site for info but cant find can you help me forthgear thanks Doug.
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead »

fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

My CE reg. has a brown wire going to the " A " term. on the Generator and a green wire going to the " F " term. on the Generator ( right out of the inst. booklet ). I don't know if you may have an older CE regulator or some thing that looks like one and is made by another manufacturer. Does it say its a CE regulator ? It will have the name on it some where . Below is a photo of my Franks reg. wiring . Did the CE websight help ?
http://www.hydra-glide.com/coppermine/d ... ?pos=-1185
Dougy

regulator end genarator

Post by Dougy »

The web site helped going by the site it is a DGV 5000 model, it still does not tell me whare the wires go, one must go on to one of the brush holder plates,iwill fax cycle electric to get some info thanks fourth gear Doug

Return to “Generator”