tranny plate

Panhead Dave
Inactive member

tranny plate

Post by Panhead Dave »

Hello

Dumb question here but I have to know.........is there anything special involved with mouting the tranny to the plate and then to the frame?

I blew the tranny exploded actually.........and am going to put a new one in...........the plate which is new seems to be tilted down towards the engine.....are spacers sometimes used to level out the transmisson? or is this an optical illusion? How important is it that the tranny be absolutely level while bolted into the frame?

Thanks Dave
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

Stock plates are two flat metal plates that are welded together , I believe the top plate is longer . , I know of no spacers , but if you have an after market plate , who knows. I can remove my tranny from the bike ( its just sitting in the frame ) and take photos of the plate if you need them . I took some with it in the frame and will upload them here in tech. photos.

Panhead Dave
Inactive member

Post by Panhead Dave »

No that's ok...................your pictures have helped me confirm what I needed to know.

Thanks for being willing to help!

Dave
Eric
Bikes: 93 CI Panhead from Accurate Eingineering Ridgid wishbone w/50's engineering

New Tranny

Post by Eric »

You say you blew up your tranny and are replacing it with a new one so maybe you can help me. What brand and where did you puchase the nes transmission? I ran a post but didn't get many answers. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks
Eric

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”