Repop Kicker arm won't line up...

Kuda
Bikes: *

Repop Kicker arm won't line up...

Post by Kuda »

Trying to get all the cheap chrome off my '49 FL, bought a repop one piece parkerized kicker arm. Trouble is, I can't get the kicker gear on so that the pedal is straight up at rest. It'll go 30 degrees forward or backward, but not straight up. I compared it to the old two piece that was on it and sure enough, the square end (where the gear goes on) on the two piece is at a slightly different angle than the one piece. So the question is, is there anything I can do about it before I launch this $50 piece of crap across the room? A different retaining plate maybe? Different kicker gear with the dowel in a different spot? Anybody?
Thanks,

-Kuda
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Re: Repop Kicker arm won't line up...

Post by caschnd1 »

I know there are at least two different "stops" that you can put inside the kicker cover. This is the stop that the dowel on the kicker gear contacts. I'll bet you don't have the correct stop for your setup. Search some of the previous posts. I know this has been discussed before and my memory on it is a bit sketchy. There were some pictures posted too that detailed the differences.

-Craig
Kuda
Bikes: *

Post by Kuda »

I tried searching the site, couldn't find anything, but I do think it's been discussed before. Problem isn't the stop, that controls where the kicker stops on full extension. It's held by the dowel pin on the retaining plate at the top, and it's the retaining plate that determines where the kicker is held at rest. Short of pulling the retaining plate out and welding 1/4" exetension on it, I don't see how else I can fix this...

-Kuda
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

Kuda,

Here is the previous discussion: https://www.hydra-glide.net/phpBB3/view ... =63&t=2482

Checkout post #4 in particular. It mentions the two different length stops that I was talking about. This is the return stop I'm referring to, not a stop for full extension.

-Craig

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”