Cylinder cutting out for about 30 seconds

beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

Cylinder cutting out for about 30 seconds

Post by beets »

Description: On cold start both cylinders fire for about 10 seconds and then one cuts out for about 30 seconds

I put a set of Jim's Power Glide Lifters in my stock 56FL. Ever since on cold start both cylinders fire for about 10 seconds and then one cuts out for about 30 seconds. After that it hits on both. On restarts later in the day both cylinders fire normally.

Compression on both cylinders is fairly balanced. Could the Power Glides be causing this?

Beets
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Re: Cylinder cutting out

Post by fourthgear »

beets
What type and grade of oil are you using? I think your year has a strainer to the lifters, have you checked it since changing the lifters. Are you getting good oil flow back to the oil tank?
beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

Post by beets »

I am using Harley 50 weight. About 5 years ago I replaced the valves and guides and put in the power glides. It has a few thousand miles on it so I don't think oil flow is the problem. I asked the guy who did the valves if one of them could be hanging in the guide. He said "no" that if the valve was too tight it would hang all the time when the motor warmed up. I have seen so many bad posts about power glides that I think I will go back to stock Harley.
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

have you tried to readjust them?

mbskeam

Return to “Troubleshooting”