Oil line flange

Oil lines

All flathead topics
Chads
Bikes: 1942 WL....A

Oil line flange

Post by Chads »

This is a picture of the after market oil lines I have for my 45. I don't see how this will seal properly. Wondering what experience others have had with repop oil lines. I'm very close to getting it running and we are going to run out of riding weather soon. Thanks.
Attachments
Oil line flange.jpg
Oil line flange.jpg (36.24 KiB) Viewed 455 times
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Oil line flange

Post by RUBONE »

Factory lines are double flared. Those aftermarket shown are crap and will never seal.
Attachments
DCP_4459.JPG
DCP_4459.JPG (225.01 KiB) Viewed 452 times
DCP_4458.JPG
DCP_4458.JPG (193.52 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Chads
Bikes: 1942 WL....A

Post by Chads »

I guess it is a good thing I looked them over before installing. the difference between original and repop was obvious with the swaged ends on original. Are there any good quality aftermarket lines available?

I went through my parts bin and found original lines, one is chrome the other is copper. The chrome one is in good shape, the copper one was very tarnished and somewhat corroded. I cleaned it up and painted it satin black. So I'm fixed for now and should be able to get it finished before the snow. I would like to get a couple hundred miles on it before winter so I can work on any bugs or screw ups this winter.

Thanks for the comment.
animal12
Bikes: 1945 Servi-car

Post by animal12 »

If you have a place by you that makes hydraulic hoses they will be able to make you a line with a real good double faired end . Some of them can also bend you a line that matches the one you have . They make brake lines all the time , so a double flair is so sweat for them
animal

Return to “Flathead and Servi-Car”