inner tubes

Wheels, hubs and tires
beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

inner tubes

Post by beets »

Need the brand name of a good rubber stem, side mount tube for panhead.
59Panman
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1959 Panhead FLH

Re: inner tubes

Post by 59Panman »

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/22 ... =SLIsearch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TR15 Side Rubber Valve --Pick the "SRV OPTION" when you order.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Mark is dead on!--In addition I put new band over duct-tape.The 2-inch wide tape first then the band./I know with the tape on you really do not need the band/-But I use it anyway.The tape IF INSTALLED CORRECTLY!!!!-Will not let any water to get thru the spokes!--I have had good luck doing this!///But my first attempt seemed to take on water & not let it out!--The cure--All MUST be CLEAN & Wipe with ALCOHOL before applying tape!.When applying be sure EVERY spoke has tape sealing AROUND the entire radius of spoke!.----RESPECTFULLY----RICHIE
panfreak
Panhead Register Member

Post by panfreak »

I don't want to hijack this request for tubes, but feel compelled to mention how important it is to ensure the hole through which the stem passes must be smooth as butter. On new rims this is especially important to check. I nearly lost my life when my front tire instantly lost all air on the highway. This was later attributed to the steel hole cutting through the base of a rubber stemmed tube.

Return to “Wheels, Hubs & Tires”