The place for all Indian related topics
51elpanchop
Inactive member
Bikes: 51 EL Pan,
02 FLHRCI,
07 FLHX

Aftermarket Powerplus Motors

Post by 51elpanchop »

Thought this was interesting as hell as I think that the Indian Powerplus motors of the today are IMHO the best looking American made V-Twin since the Panhead....

http://www.crazyhorsemotorcycles.com/

Talked to one of the guys and there have been quite a few people that have replaced the S&S motors from the CMC Indians w/ these babys. Dude said that they were in the process of putting one in an S&S Scout.

These motors would be a great alternative if building a custom scoot and there is a company
that has them in thier bikes...

http://www.brassballsbobbers.com/home.asp

Rob
51elpanchop
Inactive member
02 FLHRCI,
07 FLHX

Re: Aftermarket Powerplus Motors

Post by 51elpanchop »

Maybe I should have posted this in the Repop section...
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Rob,
I guess we'll have to wait until enough of those engines have gone enough miles to really see if they are as good as they look.

Reborn injuns are a whole different tribe, its hard to say where you should put info about them, but I would agree that they should be lumped with the other repop stuff.

For my money, if you want a bike that looks like the original Chief that came out of Springfield, get a cowsucker Drifter. They actually look kinda neat, ride great, and you have a network of dealerships all over the country to bail you out if you need parts or service.

jmho

mike
51elpanchop
Inactive member
02 FLHRCI,
07 FLHX

Post by 51elpanchop »

Thats true Mike...They surely haven't passed the test of time and miles. The more I study these motors the more they appear to be Evos in disquise. A lot of parts are interchangable and the cone style model they offer can use a evo ignition.

Rob

Return to “Indians”