32E Harley Davidson generator testing (and trouble?)

Added by dariovital » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:13 am

I disarm this dynamo as, even revving the engine, I couldn't turn off the GEN dash light. I found the metal and bakelite washers between the switch and the housing were missing, the paper insulators were also missing, and the switch coil wires were bad connected. After fixing these problems, try turning it like a motor by connecting the battery positive to the SWITCH and RELAY terminals, and the negative to the housing, but it won't turn. I accidentally connected the positive of the battery to the RELAY terminal, and the negative to the third brush holder, AND SURPRISE, IT WORKS! ... I connected something wrong? ... what could be happening here?

Watch on YouTube
Added by: dariovital
Total videos: 1 (Show all)
Views: 597
Duration: 0:15

Links

Copy
Copy
Copy

by dariovital » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:13 am

I disarm this dynamo as, even revving the engine, I couldn't turn off the dash light. I found the metal and bakelite washers between the switch and the housing were missing, the paper insulators were also missing, and the switch coil wires were bad connected. After fixing these problems, try turning it like a motor by connecting the battery positive to the SWITCH and RELAY terminals, and the negative to the housing, but it won't turn. I accidentally connected the positive of the battery to the RELAY terminal, and the negative to the third brush holder, AND SURPRISE, IT WORKS! ... I connected something wrong? ... what could be happening here?

Return to Video Gallery