Hollow bolt washer

Gear Case (cams, idlers, cam cover)
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Hollow bolt washer

Post by fourthgear »

Any one know where to get the copper washer for the hollow bolt ,that's for the over head oil-er heads ,that's goes in the gear case cover ? I seem to have missed placed mine or it wasn't there . I looked at NOS and JP's ,but no luck . All they have is a complete bolt and it may or may not come with the copper washer . I will try Ace hardware tomorrow. I'm kinda worried about the thickness and what effect it may or may not have on the oil flow through that bolt .

I got my Heads back from Head Hog and he did a fine job they look brand new . I will post photo's tomorrow for all the pick over , since I have the before and will have the after, when I take them.
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

I found a copper washer that I think will work from my stash of stuff and it fit & looks good , I will post a photo later.
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

I would also want to know if it matters if the hole in the bolt where the oil feeds into the hollow passage in the bolt has to match up with the passage in the gear cover . The bolt has a recessed ridge around where the hole is , probably for the oil flow to go into the hole and bolt passage . I will take a photo of it also .If you look closely you can see the black marker marks that indicate where the hole and passage are . I will have to get it some better light so I don't have the flash going off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Gear Case / Cams”