Wayne Mc
Bikes: 1968FLH
1988 FLHT
1968 FLH

V Twin Sifton Tappets

Post by Wayne Mc »

HI Guys,
Avoid the Sifton tappets from V Twin , part number 10-0770
The axle pins are not peened down enough to clear the tappet block bores.
Made in China to boot!
This is the second set of these that I have received.
Unless you have the Jim's Tappet roller tool these are useless.

Next time I'll spend the extra and buy Jim's tappets

cheers
Wayne
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: V Twin Sifton Tappets

Post by Cotten »

Wayne!

I have been peening tappet rivets for decades without a funky JIMS tool.

V-TWIN sloppy production aside,
Haven't you an "up-and-down wrench"?

....Cotten
BCOWANWHEELS
Bikes: 1959 PAN CHOPPER

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

ALL OF V-TWINS STUFF IS CHINA MADE, THE NAME "SIFTON" HAS BEEN BOUGHT AND ALL THERE STUFF IS CHINA TOO.... BEEN THERE DONE THAT { LAST WEEK } BACK IT WENT.......
jdpan
Bikes: 1952 Custom swingarm panhead

Post by jdpan »

Wow, I remember 'back in the day', Sifton automaticly represented quality. Buncha sellout mutherfuckers..
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Post by Robert Luland »

All those brand names you see on there web site , they own. I won't give Lucifer Teddy one dime. If you don't, this thief will ether change or fold.
Last edited by Robert Luland on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Robert Luland wrote:All those brand names you see on there web site , they own. I won't give Lucifer Teddy one dime. If you don't, this thief will change or fold.
Bob, the biggest problem these days is that it isn't just Tedd, he has a LOT of resellers in the market these days and you also have to check who is selling his stuff before you buy. J&P is one of the biggest, ask before you buy if the stuff came from V-Twin.

I agree with all the comments over the years, most of the stuff is junk and not worth the trouble or the expense. But, some of it is OK, we just have to keep our community informed and this is the place to do it. If you find something that is actually good please let the rest of us know through the forum here. Same goes for the really bad stuff, let everyone know. Like Bob says, money talks, if we don't buy his stuff he will have to do something.

jmho

mike

oh yeah, JD (and everybody else) watch the language please, this is a "Family Forum", you can vent but please try to keep it respectable.
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Cotten wrote:Haven't you an "up-and-down wrench"?....Cotten
Up-and-down wrench? I think the correct terminology is BFH.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jdpan
Bikes: 1952 Custom swingarm panhead

Post by jdpan »

No problem...
Wayne Mc
Bikes: 1968FLH
1988 FLHT
1968 FLH

Post by Wayne Mc »

Meant as a heads up only.
Upside down wrenches I've got
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Post by Robert Luland »

Mike ya got to keep what I'm about to tell you in mind at all times. Tedd sends his crap in red plastic bags. The same bags infectious waste is transported in. The guy is trying to tell you something before you even open the devil's blister pack. Capesh! Bob L
FlatHeadSix wrote:
Robert Luland wrote:All those brand names you see on there web site , they own. I won't give Lucifer Teddy one dime. If you don't, this thief will change or fold.
Bob, the biggest problem these days is that it isn't just Tedd, he has a LOT of resellers in the market these days and you also have to check who is selling his stuff before you buy. J&P is one of the biggest, ask before you buy if the stuff came from V-Twin.

I agree with all the comments over the years, most of the stuff is junk and not worth the trouble or the expense. But, some of it is OK, we just have to keep our community informed and this is the place to do it. If you find something that is actually good please let the rest of us know through the forum here. Same goes for the really bad stuff, let everyone know. Like Bob says, money talks, if we don't buy his stuff he will have to do something.

jmho

mike

oh yeah, JD (and everybody else) watch the language please, this is a "Family Forum", you can vent but please try to keep it respectable.
Panshovevo
Inactive member
Bikes: '50 F model, '76FX/L, '96 96" FXDWG

Post by Panshovevo »

(NOMEX SUIT ON!)
I agree that a lot of tedds parts are crap, and I hate buying from them, but they are the only source for some items.

J&P sells some of Tedds parts, but they mark them up above suggested retail.

Regards,
John
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

I'll be the first to agree that Tedd's sells a lot of guapo.

But some of it is OEM HD.
And a lot of it is brand name production.

You never know what you will get.
It's all about convenience, if you do not bother to seek out the cottage industry providers.
The other major distributors have the same, or worse guapo when it comes to vintage hardware!

I just re-manufacture what I must, and send the big bogus items back, no problem.

That's what your local independent dealer is for.

(That might be why The NightShift runs off all local customers!)

....Cotten
Robert Luland

Post by Robert Luland »

It's all about convenience, if you do not bother to seek out the cottage industry providers.

Well said!
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Post by George Greer »

"J&P sells some of Tedds parts"

Yep.. and I won't ever deal with that bunch of smart@ss people that are called "Service Dept Personel"....hahaha..

Won't get anymore of my $$$ and I will also try to get Anyone that I can not to use them....

George
64FLH
Bikes: 1964 FLH

Post by 64FLH »

I had to fix & replate the dash cover on my '64 several years ago, so I ordered a dash cover through a catalog (could have been either J&P or Jireh Cycles -- can't remember) to use temporarily. The VTwin/Midwest dash cover I got was such a piece of crap it wouldn't fit no matter how I tried repositioning the speedo or ignition switch. In the mean time, my original dash cover didn't survive the "fix" operation so I had to find another one. I got one from eBay that claimed to be original, but it also turned out to be a VTwin piece of crap, but it's holes were punched closer to where they should have been so it fit. Kinda. It shorted out a terminal on the ignition switch and tripped the circuit breaker. So, I ordered yet another one off eBay, also claiming to be original. That one was. But, it had literally been used as part of an ash tray! Thankfully, it cleaned up and replated just fine -- and it's what I'm using today...

Kinda says a lot when someone prefers to spend $$$ resurrecting part of an ash tray instead of using a VTwin part...

Return to “Bottom End / Crankcases / Flywheels”