Breather tube & belt drive

Bottom End (crankcases and crankshaft)
Pan6161
Inactive member

Breather tube & belt drive

Post by Pan6161 »

adding a belt drive running inside tin can the breather tube be turned by loosing nut on stud that goes through case? plan on turning it up adding hose to breath through vent screen
Fast Ed 53
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Re: Breather tube

Post by Fast Ed 53 »

Pan6161, Yes it can be moved by that method. I cut off the 90 that stuck into the inner tin then rotated it back and down. Then slip a hose on it to the back of the trans, I've got a mini breather on mine. Don't forget to turn of the chain oiler!! Ed
Pan6161
Inactive member

Post by Pan6161 »

Confused about shutting off pump. My scoot has an s&s pump and there doesnt appear to be a line that goes from the pump to the primary or does it flow inside through breather tube?
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Post by PanPal »

There is a screw on the pump with a lock nut holding it in position. Loosen the nut, and turn the screw in with a flathead screwdriver until it stops. Try not to over tighten the screw. snug up the locknut and it should be off. This stops the drops of oil going into the breather that come out into the primary cover. There isn't a tube from the pump.
Pan6161
Inactive member

Post by Pan6161 »

This site is awesome. Thanks for your help.
weezeo
Inactive member

Post by weezeo »

Pan6161, there are some older post in another section that cover this in depth, It might be in the belt or chain thread. If you look around the old post you will come across it and it will answer all and more of your questions. But they have already by Fasteddie. I too cut off the breather tube and ran a hose to the ground. 25 yrs. ago and never had a problem........good luck
Fast Ed 53
Inactive member

Post by Fast Ed 53 »

Weezo, I did it just as the earlier post from you guys told me , thought I would pass it on to pan6161. Sorry I didnt have any green garden hose, had to use reg. hose. Thank's, Ed
weezeo
Inactive member

Post by weezeo »

:wink:

Return to “Bottom End / Crankcases / Flywheels”