crank rollers

Bottom End (crankcases and crankshaft)
jlaley
Bikes: 2004 FLHRSI
1954 FL

crank rollers

Post by jlaley »

OK, I'm not having fun any more. I need new oversize crank rollers for the right (pinion) side. I have the 1/4" x .360" long rollers. Unless I'm reading Palmers wrong, and that's possible, they started putting them in from the factory in late '54. Mine is an early '54 but has been changed to the later version at some point in it's life. V-twin sells the rollers and they list early '54 and late'54 rollers. I first ordered the early ones like my bike is and found they were not right. I called them and explained and we agreed that I needed the late ones. They came today and are .550" long and the packages say they are for a 45" motor. I called and they say the tech guys say they are right and they know nothing about any being .360". Where can I get these .0004" os rollers. Please help, I want to get this together. Jim.
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Post by Jack_Hester »

For your application (late '54, 0.250" x 0.360", 0.0004"OS), you need part number 9323, which is the later OEM number. I more than likely have them on hand, but will have to look when I get to the shop tomorrow. If I have them, I will mic 12 of them for you. I always mic every roller. More often than not, odd sizes get mixed in. Send me an email to remind me. State the need for right case rollers in the subject.

Jack

Return to “Bottom End / Crankcases / Flywheels”