Cad Oil Lines

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
58bob
Bikes: 56 Pan Bobber
2008 Ducati Monster S4r

Cad Oil Lines

Post by 58bob »

Busy putting my repo cad oil lines onto my 57 rigid, standard oil tank and engine has S&S oil pump.
The flared oil lines look like 45 deg and fit the oil tank nipples well, but when i go to connect to the oil pump male nipples supplied with the pump they look a different angle, maybe 37deg?
Which end is correct?? I gather you need the same angle on the flare as well as the nipple, so are both ends different? Any help in this would be appreciated.
duoglide58

Re: Cad Oil Lines

Post by duoglide58 »

As far as I know, Harley had their own flare. I have not found a hydraulic hose and fitting shop that could make the HD flare. The problem is that some reproductions of the steel oil lines are made with SAE flares that are 45 deg. (at least the last set that I bought had SAE flares and were labeled Midwest Motorcycle Supply) AN flares are 37 deg and they do not fit either. On a stock application, the lines took the same flares on the oil pump and oil tank sides of the hose.
Doug
Bosheff
Bikes: 65 FLH 82 FLH

Re: Cad Oil Lines

Post by Bosheff »

Why can't ya use the stock H-D nipples that came with the stock cast iron pump. I believe they're 1/8" pipe just like yer S&S oil pump body....bosheff

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”