Oil pressure gauge for oil tappet screen hole

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
60RIDER

Oil pressure gauge for oil tappet screen hole

Post by 60RIDER »

Anyone know who makes an oil pressure gauge for pans that fits in the oil tappet screen hole? All of the store bought ones I've seen don't fit
in my tappet screen; maybe they're suppose to go somewhere else. Any advise how to rig mine up? I've had bad problems before with not enough oil
pressure, don't want to make the same mistake.

thanks

60rider
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Re: Oil pressure gauge for oil tappet screen hole

Post by mbskeam »

hello,
I think it would be better down on the oil pump,T it off the stock oil press. sending unit. some like gauges some dont . but do what ever floats your boat. I seam to recall that they make a set up for EVO's that go's in the screen hole with a tube that runs up to top of head to a gauge.....

but since I dont look at the new stuff all that much."NO SOUL" They are just like all the other mass produced veh. just a piece of machinery to be used.
When I told this to the owner of the 2001 flamed tank sportster at work, he did not talk to me for almost a year
man I love my job. :o
mbskeam
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

yo
If you think you have low oil pressure now , put it on the strainer and it will be about nothing. Putting it on the sending unit port with a tee is about the only way to go . Them there new scoots have a completly differant oil system and will show pressure on the top end. I always check the return at the oil tank and after you run the motor for a while , shut her down pop a push rod cover off and if its full ( full doesn't mean pumping out , because that could mean other problems and don't do it with the motor running )of hot oil , your getting enough flow.Just my way of checking flow , I'm sure you'll get a lot more info on this one .
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

yo
BEFORE you all go nuts I ment oil pressure reading @ the tappet strainer , sorry.
327nova

Post by 327nova »

I took the strainer cover screw, drilled and tapped it 1/8" npt for an elbow with a 0-30psi gage from Grainger. Others have done this to feed outside oiler heads. I believe 63-5 cases with the spigot between toadstools is channeled from there.

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”