Need help identifying correct oil lines

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
Sidecar
Bikes: -

Need help identifying correct oil lines

Post by Sidecar »

Description: Does anyone know if the cad ones are available and where to get them ??

I ran into a snag, I think.
I was going to buy new cadmium plated oil lines.
I can't seem to be able to find lines that fit the stock wrap around tank to fit the S&S pump.
I have found the chrome ones though.
Does anyone know if the cad ones are available and where to get them ??

Thanx
Randy
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Re: Need help identifying correct oil lines

Post by panhead »

They are in Jan Willem Boon catalog: http://www.jwboon.com
Sidecar

Post by Sidecar »

I had made a copy of Boon's catalog a while back. They don't make any reference to different oil pumps.
Maybe I'm reading more into this than there really is ??
Are the lines for the original pump and the S&S/Sifton pumps the same configuration ?? It's hrd to tell by looking in catalogs.
panhandler
Bikes: 1963 FL mod

Post by panhandler »

If you call S&S techline, they will answer your question in the drop of a hat. good luck!
Sidecar

Post by Sidecar »

Seems that calling S&S is the way to go.

I'm dealing with the powder coater and the painter at the present time. I`ve also got lotsa goodies on order and they are floating in. It's going to be a couple more weeks before I get to calling them about the lines.

Thanx for the tip !!!
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

You want rigid frame with filter? Rigid frame without filter? Swing arm without filter? swing arm with filter? Tell me what you have . An S&S pump with a swing arm frame? There's stock style oil lines. The only one you have to make up is the return pump to filter. Tell me what year machine. If you live in the USA, go to http://www.zoomcyclellc.com and get a free "wish book". Has all the pix a person could ever want to look at.
Sidecar

Post by Sidecar »

I have their "wish book's". They state that you have to buy chrome lines to fit S&S/Sifton pumps.
That's why I`m asking if the cad lines are in fact the same as the chrome ones.
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

Oh yeah...yeah, in the big 2003 V-Twin book. OK, I see the pix of the 3-bolt Pan motor on page 873. Actually they should have said, "fits S&S or Sifton "Billet" pumps, not "cast". Their cast pumps are iron, not aluminum. And I suppose that you have a rigid frame. Well, if youdon't have an external oil filter, you should be able to use any of their cad lines. I have a '59 swing arm and an S&S pump. I used their stock style cad lines, but because I have an oil filter, I had to bend my own custom spiral of a "return to filter line". The return to filter line was the only one that didn't fit using the S&S pump. I have a pix of it. But, you don't need it because you don't have a stock oil filter. Try their stock cad lines first, it's worth it to have to send them back if they don't fit than to not try and settle for......chrome. You need the crankcase m.i.p. adapter fittings (40-0514) if you don't have them, and the elbow. I think V-Twin might be trying to move their old chrome stock by advertising them as right for S&S and sifton pumps. The only problem with the OE style lines on an S&S style pump, is the long hex nut on the oil feed line that connects to the bottom of the pump. On a swingarm, you have to permanently bend the frames side car mount (that 1/2" X 2" tab that sticks up) out of the way towards you, so you can get a 5/8" open end in there to tighten the nut.

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”