chain oiler fitment.

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
chuck58pan

chain oiler fitment.

Post by chuck58pan »

had gouges in the gear pocket of my early 50's oil pump it has the raised ridge on the relief boss, it also had a slotted cover. It was proposed by the fellow doing the bottom end that to keep the original look go with the 450. dollar look-a-like or an S.S. I WAS IN FAVOR of the ss due in part to the price andexpected performance: my only reservation was the need if at all necessary to drill to line-up holes. also excess pressure. any wayto the amca swap in york pa. I went looking for a serviceable body. did a lot of looking with one thought to get a similar body although other years would work. found what i thought was a prize after sorting through mostly rough stuff. the pump i found had gears both feed and scavenge it had the raised relief boss with the later domed cap. i expected to swap the oiler screw from the old one. it is sloopy when i screw it in. been looking in palmers and everywhere else to see if the oiler screw changed.cannot see any change for those years. maybe it was rudely removed. my question is what is the fix. i have good money into this pump hate to take a bath I will though if a reasonable solution can't be found . my idea is small job machine shop but i have no concept of what is entailed inturning an over-sized scew. thanks ,please excuse the long-winded discription.
chuck
chuck58pan

Post by chuck58pan »

i am answering my own topic, mainly because i titled it incorrectly and partly as a continuation of my desire to find a repair. my latest thought is heli-coil. I have no such tool and they do seem fairly $ . my question is does anyone know the # and TPI of the chain-oiler adjustment screw and the corresponding heli-coil. thanks, chuck
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

How loose is it ? Can you put a little plumbers Teflon tape on it to tighten it up enough to seal it and that will tighten up if not too buggered up.
chuck58pan

Post by chuck58pan »

thanks i will try that . hope it works . a couple inches of tape sure is more reasonable in price than what i had in mind. thanks. Chuck

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”