lucas oil

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
hd_vince

lucas oil

Post by hd_vince »

does anybody have experience in using Lucas mineral oil or additives in panhead that has always run on W50
they claim their oil is more 'sticky' and has better performance
what about weather conditions, I will run it at 30C/90F.

Vincent
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

Wow, Lucas top end lube just showed up on the shelf at my local "Dollar Store".
I 'm a sucker for anything in a bottle.

....Cotten
theknucklehead
Inactive member

Post by theknucklehead »

I have used the Lucas oil treatment for the last three years in my "47 knucklehead and I plan to use it in the "48 panhead that I am restoring. I use the Lucas oil teatment along with Harley 50wt oil. I have found that it does everything that it states, it makes the oil "stickier"and improves lubrication. Before using it I would let the '47 warm up for several minutes, then it would take several miles before it would fully lubricate and quiet down. Using the Lucas oil treatment it only takes a few minutes of proper wqrm up and you can hear the difference, everything in the engine is quieter. You can never go wrong with better lubrication. Harley oil is the best, tests prove it. I like to make it a little better and a little "stickier". If you still aren't convinced go to the drag races and check what they use in their million dollar race machines.
Bikes: 1948 FL 74in Panhead Chopper , 1958 Zundapp Citation 500

Post by 108 »

It may be good stuff but at the drags, Lucas is probably a sponser so you use what to sponser gives you-like it or not!

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”