SOME new OIL-FILTER I havent used before!-----(58flh)

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

SOME new OIL-FILTER I havent used before!-----(58flh)

Post by 58flh »

URL:
HELLO EVERYONE/,I know this would get your att., Hell it got mine!.----I had a customer drop off his pan-shovel for a oil-change /tune-up the usual pre-season stuff!. NOW when I looked at the oil-filter I new this was not in any of the parts books-but Ive seen it somewhere before!(I wish I had a camera working to show you pics.!---Anyway I have all the info on it,& I did replace one ,but it was on a van I use to own a few years ago. The FILTER is for a FORD ,pick-up or any one with a 4.9L--straight 6 in it,& power steering. The Filter costs $9.99, 2-inches in diameter, 3/8 hose ends!.(NICE).Looks to be about no more than 3-inches long.----The closest thing you can compare this with is one of those PINGELS they make for OIL filtration.---NOW the MICRON-RATING on the screen is 25/ And it has magnets on the inside!.(NICE)--ALSO it has a by-pass valve!(sweet). Hey for $10 bucks & a better price then $39.99 like PINGELS---ILL give it a go!, I talked to the customer & hes been running that filter for 2yrs. with 60wt. oil & thought it was time for a change. Its the only filter on the bike & its daily driven.----(HERE are the PART NUMBERS INCASE anybodys interested).---POWER-STEERING FILTER, part#2210, alternate #-SF1, price is $9.99-----These are AUTOZONE PART NUMBERS!------GOOD-LUCK,-----RICHIE 8)
:
rainman
Bikes: Some old, some new

Re: SOME new OIL-FILTER I havent used before!-----(58flh)

Post by rainman »

Richie!
Nice find. For those of us who are not purists, that's a cool little deal. Thanks for putting the info out there!
I will be picking one up from them on monday, the AZ near my work has em in stock....

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”