Opinions on tappets and blocks

Top End (cylinders pushrods etc.)
doc308
Bikes: 1969 XLH
2016 Softail Slim

Opinions on tappets and blocks

Post by doc308 »

I need to replace the blocks and tappets in my '48. On Ebay, End of the Line Chop Shop is selling a pair of black lifter blocks. Another seller, Liquid Choppers, is advertising a set of tappets manufactured by Eastern MC. Does anyone have any experience with these companies and/or the quality of their parts?

Thanks in advance.
stroker93
Inactive member
Bikes: 2003Santee down & dirty
1981 shovel rigid
1955frankenpan

Re: Opinions on tappets and blocks

Post by stroker93 »

On an earlier post I stated that I have been using Jim's in my shovel and now in my pan...I'v'e never had any problems with my shovel and too early to tell in the pan...I would perfer an Amercan alternative to Jim's,,,,I'm just tired of his 'BUY AMERICAN" ads in the magazines and my Jim's tranny rebuild kit comes with chaiwaneese bearings and seals.
CCI carries the "motor factory" brand says made in USA for what its worth?
Dave
panwars
Bikes: 61FL in a late 49 frame.
59FLH almost stock

Re: Opinions on tappets and blocks

Post by panwars »

As far as I can figure out, in my quest for tappets that may survive, the Motor Factory brand is made by Eastern. The photos in the adds are identical as are prices. Also in searching the web (so far) I have found stories of Jim's big axle tappets failling and not a mention of a failure of Motor Factory/ Eastern tappet. I am about to fire a pan with new Eastern tappets. My fingers are crossed.

Return to “Top End / Cylinders / Pushrods / Lifters”