Lifters for V-Twin Replica Motors

Top End (cylinders pushrods etc.)
EasyDuz'er

Lifters for V-Twin Replica Motors

Post by EasyDuz'er »

Do the V-Twin Replica Panheads come with solid or hydraulic lifters? Is it solid for 48-52 and hydraulic for later or what?

:?:

EZ
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

Solids are for every Knuckle and Pan motor. The re-pop Pan motors ship w/ hydraulic lifters to make them fool-proof. You would have to put a conversion kit into the tappets to run soilds. I would, because I only trust myself when it comes to push rod adjustment. Hydraulic automatic lash adjustment, in my opinion, is something the devil thought up. I'd rather monitor tappet roller-bearing wear, than trust push rod-lash to devil-worship engineering. But, of course that's just me. Not advise to everyone else. :evil:
Check the pictorial highlights of the '05 catalog in the Topic above. 8)
RestoRay

Post by RestoRay »

EZ, stay away from anything from Vtaiwan.
Or you're regret that you threw away your money on crap.

Read in the archives all the troubles that people had buying that crap.
& listening to vintage twin is useless he's a dealer for them. So sure he's gonna push their crap. & he's has necer built anything, he has it built for him.
EasyDuz'er

Post by EasyDuz'er »

Ok, Restoray, I'll bite. If you say V-Twin is junk, where else would you get the parts necessary to build a replica bike and how would you know that that companies parts are any better than V-Twins parts. Don't all the suppliers buy from pretty much the same manufacturers?

Return to “Top End / Cylinders / Pushrods / Lifters”