cottons float

Linkert related issues
socalrider
Bikes: 1963 pankenstein ; 1965 flh ; 1978 shovelhead lowrider

cottons float

Post by socalrider »

i took my 65 flh out for the first ride today after being down since 2004. ive owned this bike for the past 30 years. in all the time ive owned it, i could never trust the bike to idle at a light without coughing and crapping out.the electric start is what made it tolerable. i tried everything i thought would cure the problem to no avail, and i must admit my knowledge was much more limited then, than it is now. the newly gained knowledge i have i attribute directly to this site and all the great people who generously contribute to it. when i first started the bike , i noticed the change IMMEDIATELY! wow ,what a difference in the idle , throttle response and start up. the bike is finally running the way it should.NEVER did it cough or crap out once . it idled steady without any stutter.im sure the improved performance is also due in large part to the fact that i sealed a intake leak it had. if it were not for this site, i would never have known to look for a intake manifold leak.
thank you all that have shared your knowledge and thanks cotton for the float!
one VERY HAPPY panhead owner,
arnulfo
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: cottons float

Post by Cotten »

Thanks Arnulfo!

But beware that your days of fixing things are probably not over...

(or we should hope not, anyway!)

....Cotten
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

My BMW Buddie says he thinks I like working on my pan more than I like riding it, That's OK though, since it rains every time we travel together, I told him he likes riding in the rain more than the sunshine.
jdpan
Bikes: 1952 Custom swingarm panhead

Post by jdpan »

Panacea wrote:My BMW Buddie says he thinks I like working on my pan more than I like riding it, That's OK though, since it rains every time we travel together, I told him he likes riding in the rain more than the sunshine.
No doubt I enjoy working on my pan at least as much as I love to ride it... Get in the zone, few brews, ya know...

Return to “Linkert”