Linkert ... Strainer

Linkert related issues
gaza
Bikes: 38UL 38EL 42WLK 46FL 57FL

Linkert ... Strainer

Post by gaza »

I just bought a Linkert M-74 for my 54 panhead - it doesn't have a "strainer" ... do I really need one?... where can I pick one up? :D and ... what does it do exactly? ( I guess it "filters" the fuel ???? 8) )
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Re: Linkert ... Strainer

Post by FlatHeadSix »

gaza
You need the strainer. Besides catching debris from the tank it is also a water trap and a sediment bowl. Any moisture in the system should separate in the strainer and can be easily dumped along with any trash by unscrewing the knurled knob on the bottom. If you run the stock steel fuel lines (and you should) it will also provide the correct connection at the right height and location.

these guys should be able to hook you up with whatever you need for the Linkert, and don't forget one of Cotten's Durable floats.

mike

http://linkertcarbs.com/linkertcarburetorparts.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

I would highly suggest that the first parts anyone buy are the Spare Parts book(s) for their motorcycle(s). If you want someone that will sell you the parts you need, I suggest Kick-Start (616) 245-8991 10-5 EST. Start there or whoever you choose to deal with. But no matter who, you need to know the OEM part numbers of the part you're looking for.
Nowadays I think there should be courses at community colleges with a syllabus that lists:

1. How to "read" the V-Twin® catalog. Where to find the cross-reference index of the Kick-Start catalog.

2. What parts to buy from which company?

3. What not to buy when building a Panhead kit.

4. And some other stuff.
gaza
Bikes: 38UL 38EL 42WLK 46FL 57FL

Post by gaza »

Thanks for the responses ... much appreciated! 8)

Gaza

Return to “Linkert”