Linkert parts needed

Linkert related issues
cdndewey
Bikes: 42 WLC, 47 EL, 53 FLE, 62 FL, 78 FLH

Linkert parts needed

Post by cdndewey »

I picked up a M-61B body for my 53 FLE, now I need parts to finish it off. I have what I believe are the correct needles, bowl, float, and needle and seat. I need a 1-1/8" venturi, a no. 12 throttle disc, a throttle shaft and choke disc and shaft, a nozzle, and most of the little hardware needed to put it togegether.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks.
Scrap
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1957 FL
1980 FLT
74 FXE
2017 road glide
1971 Bonneville
2021 Ural GU

Re: Linkert parts needed

Post by Scrap »

send a PM to Cotten or call his shop: Liberty Motorcycle Specialties (309) 246-3509
blewcrab
Bikes: 65FL and 2003 heritage

Post by blewcrab »

have you tried Into The Wilderness @ http://www.linkertcarbs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .they have a nos page with several different throttle disk included .they also sell new aftermarket parts .
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Blewcrab---Have you seen the Linkerts that they sell!--Not to for nothing but all that hardware is all V-TWIN CRAP on there!.Look how thick the throttle-discs are,& the screws that hold them.You are not getting what you PAY-FOR!.Besides Just ask how many of these Wilderness carbs. End-up on Cottens Benches anyway.There just bolting-up the Jap/V-Twin garbage & making them look new!//I heard of 1 incident where they took the OEM Black Paint off the Linkert!--Then try to ask $1200 for a Linkert that has just been destroyed by a Glass-Beader.Blewcrab PLEASE dont take offense!--But I to was Fooled by them ,before I really studied & read more about Linkerts.In no way Im not saying you need to study :lol: /But for me when it came to Linkerts--I was not AWARE of & Intune with what & how things should be done.I was made AWARE on this SITE!/By a Handful of guys that are REALLY GOOD at what we like to do.----Respectfully----Richie
old.wrench
Bikes: '54 FL and a mini-bike

Post by old.wrench »

dewey,
The smaller parts shouldn't be too hard to round up, but you don't often see used venturis for sale.
Colony makes a pretty decent repop venturi, machined aluminum. Their part number is 2336-1

Geo.
blewcrab
Bikes: 65FL and 2003 heritage

Post by blewcrab »

58flh ! I was jus informing dewey that they have a nos page .. but I have used their parts on my M74B with good results . nos parts are getting scarce as hens teeth !

Return to “Linkert”