Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
neilw
Bikes: 1995 Roadking(still brand new)
1991 HD springer
1959 pan (I'm reassembling)
1991 BMW 75RT.

61 pan bubble gaurd railing photo

Post by neilw »

I'm new to sending photos ,and have attached a photo ( I hope) of a 61 FLH with bubble saddle bags I'm looking for a saddle guard rail like the one you se in the photo.It's the chrome tubing going diagonally along the saddle bag.Does anyone know where I can get just one?
This photo may have to be opened in "quick time "
Also take a look at the front wheel ,it has a chrome trim ring kinda thing that fits against the wheel and covers about 3 inches of the pokes .There is one on either side and they bolt together through the spokes with chrome bolts.
Attachments
61 green FLH.jpg
61 green FLH.jpg (143.8 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Re: 61 pan bubble gaurd raiing photo

Post by Pomike »

Those things seem to be hard to come by. I see them at swap meets needing work, and re-chroming. Chrome is so expensive, it almost kills most deals for me anymore. I know a Harley dealer who has had parts like this made in the past, but I have been after him for 2 years to get bubble bag guards made, and it just hasn't been completed yet. I have a couple of sets, but you can't have them. But like I said, I do see them at swap meets, so if you need them bad enough, they are out there in some condition. Maybe someone else can reproduce them because there is definitely a demand for them now that our Pans are getting more respect, and more value.
Mike
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

make them outa stainless

mbskeam
neilw
1991 HD springer
1991 BMW 75RT.

Post by neilw »

I have a piece of tubing in the trunk of my car that I'm going to get an electrician to put in a tube bender then I can weld on the nut and etc on it and send it out for chroming at about $175.00 .At least it will be in good condition. Thanks for your answers.
Neil
neilw
1991 HD springer
1991 BMW 75RT.

Post by neilw »

I thought I'd bring this up again ..I'm still looking for this bubblebag guard rail..or a set of 2 matching ones of another style..
Anyone have any ideas ?
Neil
Pomike
Inactive member

Post by Pomike »

No new ideas. Sorry. I am still waiting on some to be made. And waiting. And waiting. I have a couple of complete swing arm bubble bag sets that I have completely redone, with guards, mounts,all hardware. Re-chromed, new rivets, emblems, on the AMCA forum, and CAI forums. Nobody wants to pay me for them, even though I am practically giving them away at $1100, or $1200, depending on which gurds a person wants.
Mike

Return to “Accessories”