Transmission, clutch, chains and belts
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Inner primary

Post by fourthgear »

I have inner primary that the back tabs don't line up at all on my 58 frame. I see that there are different year inner primary groups ( 48-54 & 54-64) with my 58 frame and the tabs not lining up at both the back bottom (frame cast )and the top one @ oil tank ,does this mean I have an early year inner and by getting a later year will line up better? I took the back spacers from under the batt./oil tank tray and I can get the top one to some what line up but , the bottom one ( frame cast ) is a half inch off. I just don't want to get a new one if there isn't going to be much difference between the two. Thanks for any input.
Perry Ruiter
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: ?

Re: Inner primary

Post by Perry Ruiter »

Actually there's several variants here. 55-57 are different than '58 and up. Here's a page a did on the differences ... Perry

http://www.ruiter.ca/mc/info/palmer/55-64primary.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Re: Inner primary

Post by fourthgear »

Thanks Perry
I seem to have an early after market , although it differs from the photo a little ,but does have the elongated top bracket and both breather holes . I have a older Pan motor in a stock 58 frame and I think altering of the inner primary support / brackets are going to work for me since it appears its not org.Thanks a lot for the info .

Return to “Transmission, Clutch, Belt & Chains”