Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

L.E.D. Lightbulb ?

Post by 58flh »

Whats-up guys?------I was just wondering if they make an 1157 type bulb, this is a chevelle # bulb. I run this in my beehive /it provides running & my brake-light. I have been happy with the 1157s-- but i do carry a spare, you know the whole rigidframe kickin its ass once every season. Anyway I read in another post on this sight, that they are very BRIGHT & can handle punishment, & burn cooler/also use less juice. Im interested & was wondering if this is as simple as going to the autoparts store or is someone producing these just for our needs? If so ,does anyone have a link I can check-out about something like my situation? (THANK-YOU GUYS for any help in advance!)----Stay-Safe & Upright!!!!----58flh
oldbob
Bikes: 1948 UL

Re: L.E.D. Lightbulb ?

Post by oldbob »

58FLH

A few years back I was using standard 1157's and the heat was to much for the gasket in my tombstone tail light. I found good LED bulbs on EBAY that are bright and long lasting at a very reasonable price , the heat and amp draw is much lower.

Bob
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: L.E.D. Lightbulb ?

Post by 58flh »

Oldbob-----Thanks for the heads-up on the E-bay deal! I wouldnt of never thought to even look there for old 1157s turned to LEDS. I always checked Ebay for used bikes & cameras for-sale. This is another place i will check. Also I went through the posts on this site (L.E.D. maddness),theres a link there for the production of these bulbs, dont know how I missed it the other day.--Anyway just letting you know about the link! And thank-you for your quick response 8) Good-Luck keep her in 4th & upright! ) 58flh

Return to “Electrical”