Fred pickering
Inactive member
Bikes: 09 CVO Fatbob
2010 Ultra Classic Limited
09 VForce Customs Chopper
53 Panhead project bike.

Turn Signals

Post by Fred pickering »

Well iam working on my 53 assembling finally the bike is more of a retro custom since finding parts to make it a NOS FL was gonna take forever.

Question wiring the bike i have everything wired , had to mount the front term board under the tank console because iam running a Dna springer . Hydra has a great schemtic for turns for a stock app my question is iam running a 3 button switch on the uppers 2 of them are for turns one for brights. Iam using mirrors with turns built in and bullet lights out back does anyone have a schemtic for a semi homemade turn sig app still using the front term board . I need to hide much of this under the fuel tanks again because of the springer front. I have a equalizer for the led lights and know i need to wire in a flasher unit pref is just behind the neck were the tanks will cover it.

Hope this makes sense thanks in advance..
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Re: Turn Signals

Post by panz4ever »

That front board is just a terminal board made of non-conductive material, so why not just drill your dash plate assembly and use Bake-Lite washers (spelling?). They make them flat and with a raised in that actually fit into the drilled hole so that the metal will not touch the screw going through the hole (which would create a short/ground). And wiring for your directional lamps will stay the same.

And I am assuming you are not trying to use a 3-wire switch and run turn signals and high beam all off the single switch? Don't believe it can be done, but there are others with a lot more knowledge than I have on this forum and i am sure they will offer up their thoughts.
Attachments
beb18c82.jpg
beb18c82.jpg (114.98 KiB) Viewed 763 times
Fred pickering
Inactive member
53 Panhead project bike.

Post by Fred pickering »

Thats what i did i isulated the front board under dash console.. On the switch i probley didnt say it that clear its a three button three switch assem that goes with Alren ness upper controls so theres three seperate switches in this unit.
Fred pickering
Inactive member
53 Panhead project bike.

Post by Fred pickering »

I always forget to thank the admin and moderators of this site for all the great info and help the wiring schem saved my bacon since Aftermarket doesnt have anything .

On that topic i always try and serach things out before asking a question and most times the answers are here. My other question is on the Dash console it came with alot of 2 hole oval shaped metal spacers , some square metal tabs and some nylon 2 hole spacers is there any info here that shows assembley of this. I assume some are to space the console and dash panel for the fuel tanks however with no instructions its really hard the bike was built before i was a twinkle in my fathers eye.

Again i dont post much but iam grateful for this site and the massive years of exper from Hydro, Cotton and many others thank you

Fred
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

thanks fred!

we strive to make this the best place for information.

john

Return to “Electrical”