Dimmer/directional sw.

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
chuck58pan

Dimmer/directional sw.

Post by chuck58pan »

would someone illustrate the diff.x (70058-50) turnsignal sw. presumably three posistion and a headlite dimmer sw. 2 position. I have been re-wiring and the parts don't appear much different. It seem there should be a resting position between the left and right signal contacts. I have a spring-pin with a crown and one that is knotched. the turnsigal sw. is shown complete in the parts book without a listing for the contact block. thanks, Chuck
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Dimmer/directional sw.

Post by RUBONE »

The notched pin is for turn signals. It allows the button to locate in a central position without making contact. The center wire is the hot lead on both types. All the other parts are the same.
Robbie
chuck58pan

Re: Dimmer/directional sw.

Post by chuck58pan »

Robbie,much appreciated. I've been chasing my tail a little on the wiring. just as an amusing side-note; so far i had the directional sw wired backwards melted that contact block trying to remove high -lead solder with no flux and a thin tip. had my head-lite flashing that was interesting .eventually that sealed beam glowed like molten steel and simmered-out. all along i have had a problem at least i thought with the horn button turns out i never ran wires to the power pak. now i have that opened-up and i'm lost so hopefully it can be restored by perry Ruiter. if not a swapping i shall go. Thank's Chuck

Return to “Electrical”