Springer headlight

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
danpatch

Springer headlight

Post by danpatch »

I have two styles of Cycleray headlights .One has the electrical terminal behind the mounting stud and the the other has A two terminal in front of the stud and the mount bracket is cut out for the two terminal.
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Re: Springer headlight

Post by FlatHeadSix »

dan,
What is the diameter of the lens, are they both the same? Do they have a sealed beam or a reflector? What are you going to mount it on?

mike
danpatch

Post by danpatch »

same size . Reflector no seal beam
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

I looked at 3 OEM CycleRay springer headlamps in the shop this afternoon. I am sure that all 3 of them are the original units that came on my bikes, and all 3 of them have the terminal block in front of the stud (between the stud and the ring which holds the lens on). I'm not sure what you are trying to describe about the mounting bracket being cut away for the terminal block. The reinforcing bracket for the stud is riveted to the inside of the lamp body with 4 big rivets, the rivet heads are exposed on the outside of the lamp, the front 2 are on either side of the terminal block.

There may have been other versions, Guide made lamps for a whole bunch of other vehicle manufacturers.

mike
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

And different vintages have different stamps at the very point of the bucket.

....Cotten

Return to “Electrical”