control coil fabric

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
chuck58pan

control coil fabric

Post by chuck58pan »

pulled the switch and horn wiring out of my 52 handle bars mainly for a thorough check but primarily due to the chaffed control coils . they were bad in a couple places including where they exit the bar . is there any hope to repair them? the coils appear good it was the fabric that looked bad ,and i assume would allow any lube to dry prematurely. In Palmer's excellant book he refers to a Bruce Lindsay co. ;but i have had no sucess as yet finding him. I suppose there will be plastic covered coils out there , i have some spare for the levered controls. I am not to fond of the plastic , i hope that cloth can be found. thanks chuck
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Re: control coil fabric

Post by john HD »

try the old dude,

http://www.olddude.com/parts.htm

excellent people to work with, i believe they have the cloth covered coils.

john

ps tell them where you heard about them!
chuck58pan

Post by chuck58pan »

Thanks John I hadn't thought of "old Dude" but have been very happy with what i got from his web-site. I run into him at the Amca SHOWS but most times I get a little overwhelmed with the number of parts. have to remember to make a thorough list and bring my parts book this spring. Thanks, Chuck
chuck58pan

Post by chuck58pan »

Thanks John, I did get from ole'Dude. they are a little smaller in diameter but that made the switch wires fish through that much easier. Chuck

Return to “Electrical”