Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
64duo
Bikes: 2001 Road King w/sidecar
1947 Servi-car

1964 spotlight indicator lens color

Post by 64duo »

The indicator light next to the spotlight switch on the nacelle, is missing. What was the original color of the indicator lens suppose to be for 1964? I'm assuming thats what the hole next to the switch is for.
Thanks Jonathan
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: 1964 spotlight switch

Post by Cotten »

I can't say that I have ever encountered two nacelle'd machines that had the same holes or lights, without welding anyway.

Those who were around back then have suggested that much of the final assembly was often performed by dealerships, and erratically.

My '65's have one redlight for highbeam on the left, and one greenlight on the right for turn signals; No switch holes at all. This simple hole pattern seems to be the least altered.
64duo
Bikes: 2001 Road King w/sidecar
1947 Servi-car

Re: 1964 spotlight switch

Post by 64duo »

My left side has nothing - no holes, my right side has a spot light switch & to the right of that an empty hole. I have no indicator lamps for hi-beam or turn signals. Would sure like to but I would also would like to maintain the correct "originality"
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Re: 1964 spotlight indicator lens color

Post by Panacea »

My 64 has one green indicator lite on each side for the left and right turn signals. The only other penetration is for a screw that holds the flasher within the cowl on the left side below the green lite. There is a switch on top of the right handle bar for spots and on the underside for the blinkers.

Return to “Electrical”