charging system short

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Detroitblue

charging system short

Post by Detroitblue »

It seems that that my charging system is shorting out while the generator light wire is connected to the "A" terminal of the generator.

Been having this problem since the spot lights were installed along with some wiring updates. My first symptom was that I would loose my battery would drain at night when I ran the spots. After a little trouble shooting I found that lifting the generator wire from the a terminal eliminated the short.

I have the 1958 duoglide with a 12v updated charging system and aftermarker electric starter.

Any suggestions ???
roadhouse

short

Post by roadhouse »

It sounds like you have a problem at your dash plate, possibly your bulb socket or the it's wired ?
roadhouse

short

Post by roadhouse »

It sounds like you have a problem at your dash plate, possibly your bulb socket or the way it's wired ?
roadhouse

short

Post by roadhouse »

Do you have your spot lights wired to the same post on your dash plate as your gen light wire is
weezeo
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Aftermarket Electric Start

Post by weezeo »

DetroitBlue... Can you give any info on that after market starter?_ I think I know where you got it but any info you can share on install reliabilty etc... would be great thanks weez
Guest Blue

the starter

Post by Guest Blue »

Hey weezo,

I left you an indepth reply but now I don't see it. I must have violated some regulation and got deleted. Well any way if you you want to know more about the started read my post on the 2nd page of the panhead posts entitled "what I hate most about my bike"

Return to “Electrical”