Voltage regulator

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
vintagehd

Voltage regulator

Post by vintagehd »

Hi Guys: I need a new 6V voltage regulator...any suggestions on kind and where to get...Thanks..Dave
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Re: Voltage regulator

Post by panhead »

fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

There are solid state relays out there too,http://www.jpcycles.com
Kurt
Bikes: 1942 U
1942 WLA
1995 Ultra
2008 Ultra

Post by Kurt »

Yes, but there's a 99.999999% chance that the one J&P has is from Taiwan. This is the same regulator that has been giving people fits for years.....like the idiot light don't work....erratic operation......stuck on the side of the road type fits........the one we produce is from Belgium by the same engineer that makes our electronic ignition....and it works very good. There is quality out there.

Kurt
vintagehd

Post by vintagehd »

Aren't relays for 3 brush generators?...what is the part # for the one from Belgium...as long as it is not made by/for V-twin, Jireh or one of those other Jap friendly companies...I will not support those that support the people that brought US Pearl Harbor...God I hate putting that shit on my bike...even if no one else knows...I DO...Dave
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead »

fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

Sorry guys , just trying to help. you did say six volt. I didn't know they had problems with them. I really don't care where it came from just as long as it gives good service. You might be surprised at what says made in USA and really isn't and yes there is a lot of junk out there.
Kurt
Bikes: 1942 U
1942 WLA
1995 Ultra
2008 Ultra

Post by Kurt »

fourthgear;

This is a common problem. I checked into labeling when I started my business and found that as long as you have one real "Made in USA" part in a package, the rest of the parts can be made anywhere and that package can be labeled "Made in the USA"........that part could be just a washer! I don't know if the law has changed since, I haven't checked in a while, but I've had packages come in with "Made in USA" all over them, just to find a small gold sticker on the part inside with "Made in Taiwan".......I think we've all been there.

Return to “Electrical”