modified wiring question

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
dcmc
Bikes: 46FL,55flh, 62FL, twin cam, 701 husky

modified wiring question

Post by dcmc »

Bike is an almost finished, 1962 motor, 1966 trans, 1966-69 modified primary, prestolite electric start, 1957 frame, AGM 330 amp battery in softail oil tank. wondering if my schematic is going to work or if I should modify it? My main concerns are: the regulator getting a good read, the starter circuit breaker location, and if the 65-A generator will drain the battery with the switch off. Thank you to any and all who understand electrical plumbing as I really don't
Attachments
image copy.jpeg
image copy.jpeg (117.39 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: modified wiring question

Post by 58flh »

dcmc----According to your shematic/the battery will not drain thru the genny!--Remember hot from switch to Batt/terminal on reg.--then the A-Terminal on genny!/Yours looks good to me!///Dont forget to Flash the A on genny which will be the front terminal/F is the rear!.Only one thing I found that the Bosch regulaters have (2-coils)-& I have ran regular Delcos with 3 & much prefer the Bosch Better!.Another thing /you can mount it on top of the 65-A so wires will be 4-inches at the most!---This set-up outlasted 3-gennys!/Before I brokedown & parted with some coin for a CE ggenny Low-output & am sorry I didnt buy one years ago!.Delcos with 3-shuntcoils need tweaking so your putting 14.5-volts steady with the headlight on!--The bosh with 2-coils was from box to genny & go.It saw HEAVY USE for 10yrs.& I still have it!.I need to replace the Ballast spring underneath /it rusted from rain thats all.----Good-Luck----Richie
dcmc

Post by dcmc »

Thank you Richie, I hung the Bosch reg off starter at left end with ground to motor. Just got to finish making up battery cables and oil plumbing, then try it out.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.62 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
dcmc

Post by dcmc »

I meant to say generator , i did not hang anything on the starter

Return to “Electrical”