Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Northman
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1958 FL,1958 FLH, 1964 FL

Guide Light question

Post by Northman »

Hey I know someone can help me out on this, just wondering what or if there was a specific year that the Guides were stamped DH49 for the rear. I'm understanding they made stamped and unstamped, was this a mix of production or year?

Any info would be great.
Thanks, Northman
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: Guide Light question

Post by 58flh »

Are you talking about the running-light that would be bolted on an early fender???///Im sure I read it somewhere on this site to a particular question!//Robbie would know off the top of his head!.He seems to have a great wealth of info for that kind of thing!/-Hopefully he reads your posting & you will have an answer.---respectfully----RICHIE 8)
UPSROD
Bikes: 58 FLH 65 FLH 81 FXB 04 FLHRSI

Post by UPSROD »

All I have see are mounted with a 5/16 24 stud mounted to the light, front and rear....which would make the 58-62.
Northman
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1958 FL,1958 FLH, 1964 FL

Post by Northman »

Yeah thats what I'm refering to ..the guide running lights, more specific to the 58-62 as UPSROD rod stated. but I'm wanting more info as far as what years they stamped them with DH49 (or nothing at all) (bolt to the license plate bracket in my case)or any markings on the light shell in general. Its not life or death in finding this out, but I like to know things like this if theres a general period used and couldn't find info in the knowledge base. I'd actually like to find out all the years H-D used what,for those specific years if there was such a thing....

Northman

Return to “Electrical”