Battery

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
white1j0
Bikes: '02 Fatboy, '47 Knuckle, '52Pan

Battery

Post by white1j0 »

Anyone know where I can buy a 6 volt dry cell, that's the same size as the wet cell, about 35 years ago I ran one in my '48 Pan, it was maintenance free and lasted over 10 years, Was wondering if they still sell them
Mr.Big
Bikes: 1952 FL

Re: Battery

Post by Mr.Big »

Had very good luck with this one. It will also fit in a carved out wet cell box. Forum member "erdos" on caimag.com also sells the complete unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAGLE-PICHER-CA ... 5644ee729c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Batt.jpg
Batt.jpg (54.33 KiB) Viewed 643 times
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

WHITEY---2yrs. ago AUTOZONE started carrying Absorbed Glass matt, Batteries!----I know they have 12-VOLT ones,--But I would check into it & see if 6-volts are available. I am on my second year using a -(AGM)-type battery.Its 12-Volts & it can be mounted upsidedown if need be!--Mine is sideways with the NEG. down!. It has 320cca, for Electric-start bikes. Also they take ALOT of abuse!--Banging around, Hi-TEMPATURE!--Wont affect its performance!--Cost was $99, But there are other AGM batteries that cost $49 to $69 & they would of fit in my oiltank no problem!-(Mine is on its side).---GOOD-LUCK----RICHIE 8)
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Post by George Greer »

Richie,

Since I am going to the US on Friday, do you happen to have a part number on that battery so I can check the local parts store ?

And, Mr Big, without going over the website's entire listing.........Do you know if they got one of them in 12 Volt, for my WLA??

Thanks to you both.

George
58flh
Former member

Post by 58flh »

GEORGE!---I will give you the #s off my AGM--BATTERY in a minit!--(im still working on my wake-up coffee! :lol: ,--Glad you will be Stateside soon! :D ----RICHIE 8)
Mr.Big
Bikes: 1952 FL

Post by Mr.Big »

George, to my knowledge Eagle Picher does not have a 12 v version that will fit the HD box. I think they're are other brands that might.....
58flh
Former member

Post by 58flh »

GEORGE!---The BATTERIES LABEL is as reads---(Extreme MAGNAPOWER)-MADE in BALTIMORE!--(AGM-Class-No Acid, ventless)--Its 12V-10Amp,-320cca!---Now the negative & positive posts are threaded in the front & on top!.--Giving an easy hook-up when you mount it!.---Again mine is sideways -POSITIVE POST-UP!--I uaed a 1/2-inch vulcanized-rubber cut to oil-tanks bottom shape. Then I used 5/8 setting block-(rubber)--to wedge it tight to the throttle-side!,-Behind It I placed a 1/8inch rubber-block to keep it off the metal oil-tank!.--Then I took the same 1/8 rubber block & put it right infront of the POSITIVE TERMINAL--(NO SHORTING OUT!)--In the Back of the batt.--rearfender side I took a NYLON 1-inch sponge-like block & applied some leverage with a jimmy-bar & forced it behind the BATT.!---Its SOLID & I cant budge it without really rippin on it!.---The 5/8-blocks measurements are -(5/8 x 5inches), the 1/2inch Vulcanrubber is-(1/2 by 6 square)-enuff to trim it for a perfect dit on the bottom of oil-tank.--The 1/8inch rubber block is-(1/8 by 5inches).--All the rubber blocks are PRECISION MADE!--so there are no variations in a box of 5000! for instance.--They come in all SIZES!-From 1/32 to???--whatever you need!--Hope this helps you geotge!---RICHIE 8)

Return to “Electrical”