opinion,suggestions or advice needed please

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
rigidpanman
Bikes: 49 fl,71 honda 750 sohc k1,98 cbr600f3,2)gl1100 goldwings

opinion,suggestions or advice needed please

Post by rigidpanman »

first some history.bike is a 49 fl,stock engine.engine has an s&s super e and a magneto for ignition.the bike has been run this way since 1992.in that time the bike has been flawless.2 years ago the rear cylinder started pumping oil real bad,totally covering spark plug with oil.pulled top end and finally got around to fixing it recently.i installed keith black hyperuetectic pistons with the 3 piece oil rings,no head work was done.the engine has 95 pounds of compression on the front cylinder and 90 on the rear using the kick starter.i dont know if this is enough,but im not sure if the kicker will be weaker than an electric starter.the engine is missing bad under load,the front plug looks real good,but the rear is very sooty black.im leaning to a mag problem,but i figured the problem would be on both cylinders,also another issue may or may not be related to this,the crankcase breather that comes thru the inner primary is blowing oil pretty good too.any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Return to “Motor”