Headhog

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
muzzleloader73

Headhog

Post by muzzleloader73 »

hello, anybody out there used this business called, headhog? what they do is rebuild on the original valve seats on your pan cylinder heads. some sort of metallic overlay process on the seat. how did it work for you? would you recommend it? rough cost per head. thanks
Snake33
Inactive member

Re: Headhog

Post by Snake33 »

Headhog (Don Sullivan) should be registered on this site he, posts once in awhile. He will probably be able to explain his process the best. I'm sure that there is some way to contact him through this site, if not, he has a website.
Snake
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

Try here: headhog, donsullivan@headhog.com

You won't be sorry !!!
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Post by PanPal »

I have heard nothing but good things about Don's work. I have a set of 50EL cases in his shop now. I believe he will need to see the head (s) before you would get a price for the repair.
muzzleloader73

Post by muzzleloader73 »

hello. thanks for all the replies. i will e-mail head hog for info. later
62trvler

Post by 62trvler »

The link to the picture above is the head off my 62 that Don did for me. If you are interested in the before and after pictures I have more and there are also more in the gallery. EXCELLENT work in my book.
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

Head Hog did some repairs on my 51 cases. It took a while but don did a good job and I thought the price was reasonable. I would tell him not to do any ball busting on the main races...MW
48moon
Bikes: 1948 EL

Post by 48moon »

Just recently received my heads back from Don and am proceeding on reassembly. I thought the guy rebuilding my engine was the most meticulous guy around until he and I saw Dons work. He said it was as good of work as he has ever seen!

A special thanks goes out to Don Sullivan.
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

48Moon -

Looking Good !!!!
Kuda
Bikes: *

Post by Kuda »

Here's another vote for Don's work. Did my heads and welded up the cases, plus a bunch of other little things that I didn't even realize it needed. I was going to wait until I test fired it, but I can tell you without even starting it that the welding and machine work was absolutely outstanding. I even went through the trouble of saving all the shims used to mount the engine so I could reuse them. But after reinstalling the motor it was a bit off. Then I pulled all the shims and started from scratch. Low and behold, it was perfect without a single shim on the bottom (still needed a few on the top mount, but the top frame mount was replaced many years ago and probably isn't straight.) So the motor is solid, tight, and perfect looking. What more could you ask for? Oh, and while I don't think it's appropriate to post what I paid, I can tell you it was less than 1/2 of what another well known case welder quoted me, and since it's not *possible* to get better work done, it was money well saved... :-) One last thing: if you can, bring him your stuff in person. If he has time, you'll benefit from any conversation you can have with him. Not only is he one of the best craftsmen/machinists I've ever seen, he's a living museum of information, too...

-Kuda
'49 FL
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

The nice thing is he takes the time to keep in touch about the project, now days nobody has any customer relations time..MW

Return to “Motor”