Liberty seals

Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
muzzleloader73

Liberty seals

Post by muzzleloader73 »

hello, who can tell me about these seals? are they available for pan plumber manifold's? i understand they are available for indian's. thanks for your time. george
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Re: Liberty seals

Post by Jack_Hester »

George -

Yes. Tom Cotten, right here on this forum, is the source for these seals. He makes them for Flatheads, Knuckleheads, Panheads, of the 'plumber' variety. And, for Indians, too.

Jack
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

"Liberty Rings" are custom-cut ferrules made of PEEK.
Liberty offers the service of re-cutting worn manifolds and fitting them with this remarkable thermoplastic (however we are currently shut down for building maintenance).

Anyone with a lathe can do it for themselves,.... but the PEEK is over $300 a foot: http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PM ... O=20494579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....Cotten
muzzleloader73

Post by muzzleloader73 »

hello cotten, just got home from a 30 plus hour stint taking care of snow plowing town roads. it looks like 1 foot will just make it for a pair of o-rings. that is if i don't screw up. how are the ends joined to make the circle, and leak free? have an old friend down the road who could do the machining. on the other hand, as to the expense of the PEEK. it needs to be done right. what is your time table to be back in operation as a guess? the heads are at headhog for much needed work. time is not the importance. also can still use the stock style ferrule's. thanks for the help, and your time. george

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”