Edelbrock Quicksilver Caburator

Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
CayB

Edelbrock Quicksilver Caburator

Post by CayB »

Hi forum. I have a older Edelbrock quicksilver cab on my 63 Panhead. I have chance the nedels in all different sizes but stil it shoots form the cab when the engine is cold and even when its hot. Is Edelbrock just a bad choice!? ore is there some trick, if it aint the nedel??? Some one told me that with a S&S all my troubel would be gone... That cab is the best working for my daily ride. I know Linkert is nice but its not the thing for me.. sorry. Best Cay
57pan
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by 57pan »

I don't have any experience with the Edelbrock carb but, generally, if you are backfiring thru the carb it is a sign that it is running too lean. Whenever you have a lean condition you need to pressure test the manifold to make sure it is not sucking air in where the O-rings seal the manifold to the heads. Well, actually, it's a good idea to pressure test the manifold anyway - before making ANY other changes.

Also, look at the plugs. If one of them is almost white and the other is much darker, that is almost a sure sign that you have a manifold leak somewhere, or even a head gasket leak (as I found when I removed my heads last fall because the plugs were uneven).
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

Could be timing or lifter adjustment also and hows the battery?

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”