Keihin cv40

Forum rules
Please start new topics here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
56pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH
1997 FLHTCI

Keihin cv40

Post by 56pan »

I am installing a Keihin cv40 on my 56 panhead. Has anyone here done this? I need to know the jet sizes and the jet needle size. Engine is pretty much stock. 0.30 pistons and a small street cam. Thank you.

Bill
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Re: Keihin cv40

Post by panhead »

Check the Knowledge Base http://www.hydra-glide.com/scripts/toc3.php, there you can find a lot of information w.r.t. CV carbs
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

The bike should run nice with it!--If it needs a rebuild--I have most of a complete kit for that!--If new start with the jets in it!, & do all adj. at operating temp.! They run nice on a basically stock motor!---its 40mm so the main jet should be enuff you may have to play with the offidle!-If she stumbles!--Most IMPORTANT!--AFTER INSTALLATION-(BUBBLE-TEST IT ALL!).YOU should be fine!--If you are not using the correct aircleaner for the cv -Whatever you use make-sure the airhole is not blocked-(Drill a 3/8 if you have to). GOOD-LUCK---RICHIE 8)
56pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH
1997 FLHTCI

Post by 56pan »

Thanks for the replies. panhead, I have checked the knowledge base and agree there is a lot of good info. I was just trying to find out where to start with jets. 58flh, the carb is not new. I bought it off of ebay. After I opened it I found 170 main and 45 slow jets. I also found that it has a dynojet kit in it with adjustable needle. The vacuum piston diaphragm is torn also. It is drilled but I have to buy a new one so I'll go back to stock. I have not come up with an air cleaner setup yet but that's another thing I have to work on. Thanks for your help.

Bill

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”