Heads you win

After finding yet another crack in my rear cylinder head, I ordered a set of heads

DuoDave
Bikes: duo

Heads you win

Post by DuoDave »

After finding yet another crack in my rear cylinder head, I ordered a set of heads at $995 from Nostalgia Cycle in California. Nostalgia got back to me to say they no longer supplied those heads, but could supply STD heads at $1350. Still not a bad price, so I went ahead and ordered them. They arrived yesterday. Exactly what I asked for. These have the original style spigot exhaust mounting and original style panhead O ring inlets, so I can use my original exhausts and inlet manifold and Linkert. I had a real pleasant surprise when I checked the invoice. Nostalgia have only charged me the $995 they originally quoted! STD heads with the valves fitted for $995, you can't beat that. I'm still reeling from the shock. Even after paying the shipping charges and import duties to get them into the U.K. it's still way cheaper than if I had ordered the heads from a shop in the U.K.
Full marks to Nostalgia Cycle! ;)
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Re: Heads you win

Post by mbskeam »

hello, what part # did you use. I cant find it on there web site/
DuoDave

Post by DuoDave »

Nostalgia have not updated their website, so they don't list STD heads there yet. I spoke too soon about the price. Nostalgia have got back to me with a revised price of $1350. I can't complain, as this is the price they originally quoted. Still not too bad. My original Harley intake manifold is a better fit on the STD heads than on the original Harley heads! The STD heads are chunkier all over than the originals, so should be a lot more resistant to cracking. The spigot mounting for the exhaust is a lot more robust than the original also.
panomania
Inactive member

Post by panomania »

i installed a set a couple of months ago and i love them. i grinded away just enough metal from the front head fins to allow the advance unit to be removed or installed without pulling the front head. now im glad because since them my advance unit crapped out and i had to replace it. the heads are great though.
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

hello, did they ask for more $$$$ after you got them? If they did, you could tell them to go pound sand. But thats me
Mbskeam
DuoDave

Post by DuoDave »

Yeah, I was tempted to tell Nostalgia to take a hike, but they did originally quote $1350. The heads they used to supply were $995. Looks like somebody just got the prices confused, so it was a genuine mistake and not like they are trying to screw me. The way I see it, Those guys are just trying to earn a buck like the rest of us, and if I had made a mistake and overpaid them, I would sure as hell expect them to pay me my money back.
Maybe I'm just too soft hearted.

Return to “Cylinderheads”