Bad front head - Who will fix it? -Best reproduction?

Ripley/Fla
Inactive member

Bad front head - Who will fix it? -Best reproduction?

Post by Ripley/Fla »

I am buying a 56 Pan tomorrow. Current owner put in pistons and rings 50 miles ago. Front cylinder is a bug fogger! I ran a search on this problem and it was very helpful. Who does good work on Panheads - such as welding, oversized valve guides or inserting new seats, etc...? Local Harley dealer is jive, " you don't need to own a Harley to live the biker lifestyle..." I'll send it, or them, anywhere in the USA if necessary. If this fails, who makes the best reproduction heads? I would rather put original back on but I don't know if I will find anything. Thanks for any help!
Fixman
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by Fixman »

Please register on the site and join the Forum. Tell us where you are, and perhaps we can help.

Kent
Ripley/Fla
Inactive member

Post by Ripley/Fla »

I am registered under the "secret" name Michael Tanner #836. I live by Naples, Fl, which is near the Everglades. Miami is a very easy option, but I'll send them anywhere in the USA. FYI - I would like to get the bike up and running because this is the best time of the year to ride. Summer with daily rains and brutal humidity will be my rebuild time. Thanks for your interest - usually I sign in as Ripley/Fla.
Fixman
Inactive member

Post by Fixman »

I think you will find that http://www.headhog.com/ is the choice of many on this forum for exceptional head (and other) work.

Kent
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Post by panz4ever »

Mike, headhog did my heads for my 49 EL. His work ain't the cheapest out there but he is ABSOLUTELY the best at his trade IMHO, a real craftsman in an age of import stuff that is less than acceptable (for me at least) and leaves a lot to be desired.
62wild1
Bikes: 1962 panhead, 1999 Wideglide, 2008 Ultra Classic and a few other brands.

Post by 62wild1 »

If you look in the picture gallery you will find my before and after pics of my 62 heads done by Headhog
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Headhog will put your heads to stock spec's including the Org. seat material. Yes he's not cheap and expect a little wait , he's had mine since Sept., This time of year is when a lot of work is being done because unlike us down here and some other small parts of the US , it be a little cold and snowy .
Ripley/Fla
Inactive member

Post by Ripley/Fla »

Thanks for the link. He looks like the real deal!
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Post by Jack_Hester »

Ditto, on Head Hog.

Return to “Cylinderheads”