buddy seat component finish

meadows
Inactive member
Bikes: 1976 triumph

buddy seat component finish

Post by meadows »

does anybody out there know the correct finish for the buddy seat yoke bracket on a '49 panhead? {the one that is held to the fender with the 3 screws}. i can't find it in palmer's book. also am unsure of the finish on all the clips and hardware under the buddy seat. trying to build it amca approved.
King
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Re: buddy seat component finish

Post by King »

On my 51 the bracket is chrome. It's hard to tell but I think the screws were cad plated. I believe the bike came from the factory as one of the "deluxe" models cause a lot of stuff (like the tool box cover) on it was original crome.

King
james
Bikes: 1952 FL
2020 Honda Super Cub

Post by james »

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
The hook should be painted black and the 3 screws cad.

Jim
meadows
Inactive member
Bikes: 1976 triumph

Post by meadows »

i believe the one on mine should be black. it appears to be the original, and i found traces of very old black paint. hopefully thats right. i appreciate the response.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

On my 51 the bracket is chrome. It's hard to tell but I think the screws were cad plated. I believe the bike came from the factory as one of the "deluxe" models cause a lot of stuff (like the tool box cover) on it was original crome.
Neither the buddy seat loop or the tool box cover were part of the deluxe chrome group. Most likely if the parts were on since new they were dealer add-ons. Lots of dealers added chrome and custom paint for customers back then.
Robbie

Return to “Seat”