Fender trim

msteuer
Bikes: 64FL
73FLH
76FLH

Fender trim

Post by msteuer »

I'm hoping someone can help me out here . The parts manuals I have don't give the part #s I'm looking for. I need the P/N for the front fender side spear trim mounts on the early 50s FL models. The best way to describe it would be to say it is "H" shaped when viewed from above and then it has the "tab" that pushes through and secures it to the fender. I also need the P/N s for the nut and locking device (internal tooth washer ?) which secures the front fender stainless steel trim on the same model. Thanks in advance to anyone who has the numbers or better yet the parts themselves for sale.
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Re: Fender trim

Post by VintageTwin »

V-Twin. Mount brackets may not fit OE trim rails, but here they are: 59205-49 Trim rails are (VT 50-0954) a set. (4) 3561WA, T-bolts and (4) (7624) nuts are (VT 37-8784). Look on Repop >Projects> Fenders, for mount hole positions on the '49 front fender. If you find your OE mount holes are spaced different on your OE fender, than the 5-1/2 or 6" between the two rail mount holes (c/l) I have posted, let us know. Actually, the holes in the finder are for the '58-up front tip. I have pix of the '49-57 fender tip, but I can't find them on re-pop. I posted them some time ago. There in our next book. I have those mount bolts spaced 6" c/l, instead of 5-1/2 like the '58 side rails.
msteuer
73FLH
76FLH

Post by msteuer »

Plumber;
Thanks for the feedback. I am aware that the trim is available through repop but as you stated ,it may not fit.
The rail mounts are not the usual "T" bolts used on other years. The attach hardware is stamped and bent. As I wrote earlier it is in the shape of an "H" with the legs of the "H" engaging the inside lip of the side rail. The "H" then has a bent up piece which pushes through the holes in the fender. There are three per side.I have attempted to use the standard "T"bolt from other trim applications but they don't lock properly in the rail lip. That original "H" is about an inch long. The repop people sell an entire trim kit which I don't need. I only need two original clips. If I had the correct P/N I might be lucky enough to find a few leftovers at an older dealership. Thanks.
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

For NOS Parts try http://www.jwboon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for overseas http://www.nosparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the USA , same company
You may be able to describe the part to them & they might be able to pull up a OEM part# ..
They have the "Real Deal Parts" & resonable priced... ;)
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

59896-49 for the H-clips. 59225-39 on the fender side strip fastening clips. 7608 on the two '49 front fender tip nuts.
msteuer
73FLH
76FLH

Post by msteuer »

Thanks guys. Hope I can return the favor.

Return to “Fenders, Primary, Tanks & Paint”