Can a front fender be put on this thing

Ohio-Rider
Bikes: *

Can a front fender be put on this thing

Post by Ohio-Rider »

I've got a 56 Pan with a 47 springer front end and 21 inch wheel. My question is: Can a front fender be put on this thing without it getting crunched the first time I hit a set of railroad tracks?? Anyone know the amount of travel this front end has before bottoming out?
P1010014.JPG
P1010017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VT

Post by VT »

Nice machine. I don't think you can fender it. Someone out here tried. When they went through a road dip in Delzura.....the front wheel made contact with the tire and abruptly stopped, pitch-poleing the rider and his girlfriend over the handlebars and the machine fell on both of them. Medi-Evac helicopter was called in, both received permanent wounds they changed their lives forever. I'd keep it like it is and ride in dry weather only.
mbskeam

Post by mbskeam »

hello, check out this place.

http://www.bikernet.com/pages/web_page.aspx?id=16

mbskeam
Ohio-Rider

Post by Ohio-Rider »

mbskeam thanks. That gives me a direction to consider. That setup looks like something do-able. I'd still like to know what the travel of this front end so I don't end up like that unfurtunate couple from Delzura. Where would be a good place to find this information?

Return to “Fenders, Primary, Tanks & Paint”