Frame work

paneyes
Inactive member
Bikes: 1951 FL
2000 BMW RT

Frame work

Post by paneyes »

Hello all. I am new (last 2 weeks) to the forum and have enjoyed reading about the multitude of issues that come up and have found the help and knowledge base impressive. I am needing work on a ridged frame (1951 I think) and wonder if anyone knows a reliable source close to where I live. I live close to Portland, Oregon. I have heard of Wasco Frame Service in Tacoma, WA. but do not know anyone who has had any work done there. If anyone has any comments on this company or know of any other place that is within driving distance please let me know. I want to correct things I had done about 30 years ago. Stretched neck, 35 degree rake but want a very reliable source.
hplhd
Bikes: 1998 heritage springer
1959 FLH

Re: Frame work

Post by hplhd »

paneyes, a good buddy of mine after a few trials and tribulations(meaning fucked up work) ended up at wasco with his frame. he couldnt have been any happier with the outcome. the owner is a great guy that does great work and stands behind his stuff. hopefully my buddy will see this and fill you in.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

paneyes,
Do a search on this forum for frame repair or Wasco. If the info is here it will come up.
Robbie
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

I think 'hplhd' is talking about me. I had Dick at Wasco Frame work on my '52 frame after it had been butchered by the first two shops that had their way with it. Dick straightened everything out and make the frame perfect! He's easy to talk to, give him a call and tell him what you've got going. I will tell you right now that good work does not come cheap..!

Matter of fact, I just now called Dick to talk about another matter, and he said that you've already paid him a visit, so I reckon I don't have to say any more.... :D
paneyes
Inactive member
Bikes: 1951 FL
2000 BMW RT

Post by paneyes »

Thanks for the help. I ran up to Tacoma today to talk with Dick. He knows what he is doing and has a nice set up. He does not come cheap.
Bigincher
Former member
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

paneyes wrote:Thanks for the help. I ran up to Tacoma today to talk with Dick. He knows what he is doing and has a nice set up. He does not come cheap.
No, he isn't cheap. But he's one of the few guys left that really knows old Harley frames and also really knows what the Hell he's doing. When he's done, it's done RIGHT.
hplhd
Bikes: 1998 heritage springer
1959 FLH

Post by hplhd »

Bigincher wrote:I think 'hplhd' is talking about me. I had Dick at Wasco Frame work on my '52 frame after it had been butchered by the first two shops that had their way with it. Dick straightened everything out and make the frame perfect! He's easy to talk to, give him a call and tell him what you've got going. I will tell you right now that good work does not come cheap..!

Matter of fact, I just now called Dick to talk about another matter, and he said that you've already paid him a visit, so I reckon I don't have to say any more.... :D
tom, it's me rich/nuklhd.
Bigincher
Former member
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

hplhd wrote:tom, it's me rich/nuklhd.
Kinda figured that, Nuk! :D

Return to “Frame & Fittings”