1949-1950 rear fender & neck locks

shaker

1949-1950 rear fender & neck locks

Post by shaker »

The 3 rib pannel on my 49 rear fender , has been eat up by ( i guess ) a loose or broken chain , it has a o ring on it now maybe its to wide , anyway i heard their was a auto sheet metal place it madison wis, that started making repo sheet metal for old harleys , and they had patch pannel 's and even some of the 49 stainless steel repo stuff any one know of them or heard of em. also i called a lock smith to see if he could make a key for the neck lock on the frame , i gave him the code on the lock , he looked in the B & S book it said it was for a 1940's jeep. whats the heck with that!! shaker
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: 1949-1950 rear fender & neck locks

Post by Cotten »

Shaker!
I would really like any possible info on the Madison WI sheetmetal shop!
About the locks: Briggs&Stratton was a milwaukie company that made locks for many auto companies, and was also a major government contractor. Even Indians were compelled to used their switches for WW2. You will note that the keyblank is a "B1" still used and available for cabinetry and many other applications to this day.

PS: Ditch that damn o-ring chain. It only fits latemodels.
shaker

Re: 1949-1950 rear fender & neck locks

Post by shaker »

a local bike shop in nashville that i got my v-twin parts from told me about it . he moved out but if i find out i will let you know. shaker

Return to “Frame & Fittings”