Stock frame

57stroker
Inactive member
Bikes: '57

Stock frame

Post by 57stroker »

I came to the conclusion that it may be time for a new frame when the bracket holding the kickstand broke off while I was starting my bike today. (Actually, it was when I put it on a lift and found several other cracks in the frame.) I've allready done a couple of years of "weld here - break there". Do any of you know a good source for a replica, bone stock 57 FLH straightleg frame? Close apperance to stock is a priority since I decided some time ago to try to return the old girl back her original self.
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Re: Stock frame

Post by Jack_Hester »

57stroker -

I not 100% sure, but I believe that 45 Parts Depot may be coming out with a series of frames that the AMCA judges would swear to be original. Plus, the material will be of modern technology. You can drop them an email and see. Over on the Flathead Power site, there were pictures posted on the forum of some prototype frames, that would make you drool. I believe that it was stated that they were from 45 Parts Depot. Depending on a failing memory for this info. Billy may remember, as he frequents that site, also.

Jack
weezeo
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by weezeo »

V-TWIN Stocks them Also known as Tedds Cycles Shed Buddy of mine bought one and said it was perfect. I seen it stock (before paint etc) and it looked better than stock as far as welds etc... I have a catalog if need part # but most all shops have them and he won't sell to people off the Street But you might be able to go thru Canyon Run or Mid West hope this helps............
Kurt
Bikes: 1942 U
1942 WLA
1995 Ultra
2008 Ultra

Post by Kurt »

I actually carry 2 different manufacturers of frames for stock applications. I carry the V-Twin frames and the ones from my manufacturer over here in Holland. I prefer the frames I have here in Holland, but due to shipping charges lately, the prices are more than V-Twins. Just be warned, there have been several people and builders in the States that have had problems with the V-Twin frames and have converted to the ones over here. They feel they would rather spend the extra to get a good frame to start with. It's all up to you. Also they can be modified to fit your needs.....late model 5 & 6 speed, big inch engine, rear belt drive, fat tire...etc...
By the way, all of the Time Bandits from FHP use our frames from over here and there are several other well known builders starting to use our stuff as well. One build is being documented for a magizine that will be out later this year.
Shoot me an e-mail and I can give you pricing if you want.

info@45partsdepot.com

Kurt
Jack_Hester
Inactive member

Post by Jack_Hester »

Kurt -

I'm interested in the Holland frames, only. I have seen a couple of V-Twin frames that needed to go back. Email me prices for anything that you carry for H-D of any size.

ks4vs@roxboro.net

Thanks.

Jack
sleeper

Post by sleeper »

Jack, I remember there were pics & comments. It can be found in the FHP archives. Not sure if it was Kurt's v-twin or Holland made ??
Kurt, what about going thru your U.S. Distributor ??
Any savings going that way??
Kurt
Bikes: 1942 U
1942 WLA
1995 Ultra
2008 Ultra

Post by Kurt »

The frame shown on FHP is the one from Holland. Some of the comments listed were not correct either, there are 2 different frames for the Knuckle. There's a basic frame that is close to an original, but is cheaper and the one that FHP and I use, which is the one shown on the site from Markz. It's a replica of an original, a little more money and a lot more work for the manufacturer to produce.
Later this summer we'll also have the "Bullneck" frame.
The problem is still shipping costs to the U.S. distributor. Ordering through him would be even more costly because he would have to then turn around and ship it to the customer.

Kurt, http://www.45partsdepot.com

Return to “Frame & Fittings”