Frame restorer help

vipersniper
Bikes: 1994 Fatboy
1965 Panhead

Frame restorer help

Post by vipersniper »

I purchased a 48 wishbone frame that has some welds that need to be cleaned up and checked for strengh which would make me feel better on a build I am doing, one at the mechanical brake tube, top motor mount tranny mount and also looking to have the neck lock removed as someone tryed to drill it , does anyone know of someone that works or restores vintage harley frames or can help me, I am located in massachusetts and would like to get someone close by but if I have to I could ship just want a decent job.
thankyou
VS
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Re: Frame restorer help

Post by Bigincher »

Wasco Frame specializes in restoring vintage frames, he does those kinds of repairs regularly.
Unfortunately, he is not close to you, he's in Tacoma, Washington.
Frames are sent to him from all over the United States, never an issue. Both FedEx and UPS handle the job, which runs approximately $150 each way.
His work is amazing, he is truly a master, one of the disappearing breed. Not only will he do the repairs flawlessly, but all frames go up on the table for straightening as part of the process.
He is not fast, nor is he cheap. But he's the best.
(Google: Wasco Frame)
speedking1949
Bikes: 49 FL

Post by speedking1949 »

Fork lock removal is pretty straightforward. It is covered in the Knowledge Base section. Replacement fork locks, either repop or NOS, are generally available on a certain online auction site.
talldrifter
Bikes: Aftermarket Panhead in Shovel frame, 1978 XLCR Sporty in disguise

Post by talldrifter »

vs

I'm about 35 miles from Craig Clack in TN., the fellow that Rubone suggested back in September. I've never been there but could take a look if you would like. You might also contact R&R Cycle in Manchester, N.H., they do some good bike building and repair, might give you a local lead. I haven't been there in a dozen years but Reggie had a fine engine building section when I was there getting some repairs done.

Warren
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

I recently (very recently) sold a '39 Knuckle frame to a friend from Florida. He had me send it to Craig for a couple minor issues and check over. He had it done in short time and my friend is very happy. I also value this guys opinion on the quality of work.
Robbie
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

I think 'Craig' was/is Raceframe's representative in the US. He has a good reputation..!
vipersniper
Bikes: 1994 Fatboy
1965 Panhead

Post by vipersniper »

Thankyou...
I will check these out.

VS

Return to “Frame & Fittings”